Friday, August 25, 2006

Entering a new Phase of Life?

Since the beginning of 2006 I've been trying to transition from working full time as Choir Director to real world employment in the outside world. Don't get me wrong...Choir directing is challenging and it is in a real life setting; as you have to know how to deal with many different types of people. Along with your choir members come their attitudes; some positive, some not so positive. Sometimes you run in to the "want-to-be" choir directors as these are my favorite people in the choral world. Can't really get mad at them because you know they're phony; they talk a good game; but that's about it. "Pseudo choral directors" don't know the proper order of liturgical services, don't know the order of prescribed hymns for each service, and usually need a liturgical "cheat sheet" to get through the service. I guess that's why I went five years to Seminary.
It has been a wonderful 18 years behind the podium but now it's time to move ahead; for change, I believe, is a good thing.

No comments: